TWI Ltd Demonstration: Lasers in Nuclear Decommissioning
03 March 2010
Location: TWI Ltd, Granta Park, Great Abington, Cambridge CB21 6AL
The advent of high power solid state lasers and optical fibre delivery of laser energy offers robust, easily deployed processes suitable for remote use in nuclear decommissioning environments.
TWI Ltd are offering the opportunity to view the results from a NDA funded project to demonstrate the capabilities of lasers for:
- surface removal of contaminated concrete and
- cutting of pipe and metalwork.
Suppliers who attend events scheduled in March can:
- hear detailed results of the work
- view live technology demonstrations and
- discuss how they could deploy such lasers for decommissioning projects.
Attendance is free of charge.
08:30 Registration and coffee
09:00 Welcome and overview of project Colin Walters, TWI Ltd
09:45 Technology demonstration Paul Hilton, TWI Ltd
11:00 Project results Ali Khan, TWI Ltd
11:45 Questions and Answers
12:00 Next steps – technology deployment Colin Walters, TWI Ltd
13:00 Close and optional tour of TWI facilities