Keep informed with the latest news and developments from the NDA
Working with Site Licence Companies
The Shared Service Alliance is a collaborative grouping of the NDA and its Site Licence Companies (SLCs) whose objective is to look at ways of sharing support costs and delivery of improved value for money across the NDA estate by exploiting the Alliance's combined buying power and assets to the full.
Cross-estate collaborative procurement has been established to deliver value which would otherwise not have been released through silo SLC operations including:
- Ensure improved security of supply through aggregated buying power
- Exploit economies of scope through bundling where there are significant costs common to different goods or services in a supply chain
- Strengthen the negotiating position in contracting with suppliers
- Reduce prices through economies of scale, including enabling smaller SLCs to benefit from the same advantageous deals
- Share procurement costs for buyers and reduced bidding costs for suppliers through a single tendering process
- Share the costs associated with gathering price and market information
- Facilitate improved management of suppliers and contracts at a strategic level for contracts agreed by the Steering Group
- Deliver service and process improvements through the adoption of best practice
- Reduce fragmentation, number of contracts and unnecessary complexity
- Ensure all collaborative procurements adopt the highest standards in terms of safety and environmental protection
- Better decision making through cross-Estate and external benchmarking
- More consistent application of best practice, innovation and enhanced opportunities for learning.
- Find out more about spend in the supply chain at Tier 2
You may also find tendering opportunities and further information on the Site Licence Company websites:
- Dounreay Site Restoration Ltd Website
- LLW Repository Ltd Website
- Magnox Ltd Website
- Research Sites Restoration Ltd Website
- Sellafield Ltd Website
- Springfields Ltd Website
Supply Chain Network
This Supply Chain Network database is for the use of ALL suppliers to the nuclear sector and all tiers of the Supply Chain, including all those interested in, or wishing to become involved in the world wide nuclear market.
It is a free networking tool which is designed to be used by suppliers or other interested parties. For example it may help suppliers to find possible partners for collaboration or help them locate suppliers of particular goods or services. It is keyword searchable across Company names, Company business, Company address and postcode.
Scottish Enterprise's Nuclear Supply Chain
The Scottish Enterprise's Nuclear Supply Chain Project addresses companies' needs through delivery of market intelligence, and technical and commercial assistance.