Search for and request publications
related to waste management.
Assessing Packaging Proposals
Our Radioactive Waste Management Directorate (RWMD) advises waste packaging organisations and nuclear site operators on:
- their plans for packaging higher-activity radioactive waste
- the interim storage of radioactive waste packages prior to dispatch to a geological disposal facility.
- reviewing the properties and performance of proposed packages, known as the Letter of Compliance (LoC) process
- providing guidance on a wide range of packaging issues
- periodic review to ensure that waste packages produced remain disposable.
Summarises interactions with waste packaging organisations.
and Guidance Notes
We define packaging standards and specifications for higher activity waste packages is the Generic Waste Package Specifications (GWPS) which have supporting guidance documents.
|Letter of Compliance (LoC)
We issue reports on disposability assessments to waste packagers. They summarise key points and conclusions at each key stage of development of waste retrieval and packaging projects.
Please let us have your views and comments: